Are you a topnotch organizer with a flair for event management and administration? Are you looking at developing and working at a governance level with a diverse range of people and communities? We currently have an opportunity for a Part-time Executive Board Secretary who will overlook our administrative and event needs. Below outlines the full job description.
About the role
The Board Executive Secretary role is a key part of the Waikato Pacific Business Network team. In this role you will be central to the operations of the executive. This varied role will see you providing executive level support and coordinating key events for the organisation.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Event coordination for workshops and business events
- Diary management and meeting planning
- Coordination of Board meetings including papers, agenda, and action point follow-up
- Induction and orientation for Board members
- Minute taking at Board meetings
- Building and maintaining relationships with members
You will be a natural organizer with a proactive approach to your work. As a team player, you will have strong relationship building skills and an ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders. Our executive is looking for someone who brings:
- Previous experience in executive support or coordination roles
- A solution-focused approach
- Outstanding problem-solving ability
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office with a natural ability to learn new systems
- A high level of integrity with the ability to manage confidential information
- A strong ability to organise and prioritise competing demands
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
The Waikato Pacific Business Network is a platform for Pacific business, enterprise owners and leaders to come together to connect, share and empower our Pacific peoples and our members across the region, to leverage, establish partnerships and collaborate effectively to achieve increased growth, stability and wealth. Our Vision is to build more sustainable and more profitable pacific owned businesses and enterprises in the Waikato region.
Our membership consists of all sectors throughout the Waikato region ranging from enterprise, the small-medium sized businesses to large scale corporations and local government agencies, ITOs, tertiary institutions and business professionals.
We have an executive of hardworking and professional people who take a great deal of pride in the Network. Will you join us on our mission?
If this opportunity sounds like you, then send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com and apply now. Tell us a bit about yourself and what makes you a good fit. If you have any questions, please contact Megan on firstname.lastname@example.org.