Are you great at building long-term relationships and passionate about growing Pasifika people and businesses? Are able to pick up and run, creating and leading opportunities for our WPBN members? We are currently looking for an Executive Officer to join our Team today.
About the role
This position reports to the Chairperson of the Waikato Pacific Business Network Inc. The BDO is to identify membership opportunities and build long-term relationships to establish a database of 100 Pacific owned businesses for the WPBN database.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- To administer and develop the WPBN membership database across the Waikato Region to include all necessary details to include: Company entity, name, shareholding, industry, contact details.
- To encourage members to attend WPBN events and workshops.
- To work with the Treasurer to develop a membership income model suitable for WPBN
- To market and promote WPBN’s best interest to current and potential members.
- To collaborate with the Executive to grow WPBN network relationships
- If required to set up meetings for potential members to meet with the Chairperson
- Attend Executive board meetings and report update on membership progress
You will have business development and sales marketing skills, a good communicator with negotiation and persuasion skills, able to maintain confidentiality, skilled in developing effective and positive working relationships, able to work independently and take initiative, proficient in the computer applications (Microsoft Suite) and committed to, and aligned with, the mission of the Waikato Pacific Business Network Inc.
The Waikato Pacific Business Network is a platform for Pacific business, enterprise owners and leaders to come together to connect, share and empower our Pacific peoples and our members across the region, to leverage, establish partnerships and collaborate effectively to achieve increased growth, stability and wealth. Our Vision is to build more sustainable and more profitable pacific owned businesses and enterprises in the Waikato region.
Our membership consists of all sectors throughout the Waikato region ranging from enterprise, the small-medium sized businesses to large scale corporations and local government agencies, ITOs, tertiary institutions and business professionals.
We have an executive of hardworking and professional people who take a great deal of pride in the Network. Will you join us on our mission?
If this opportunity sounds like you, then send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] and apply now. Tell us a bit about yourself and what makes you a good fit.